[easyazon-image asin=”B003XV31IG” alt=”Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine, Silver” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lzn0TR9EL._SL160_.jpg” align=”right” width=”160″ height=”160″]The Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine combines the appeal of a reputable, traditional Italian barista experience in a space-saving size for your home. Rest assured, the Gaggia Brera may be compact, but it is mighty, being touted as comparable to other well-known and durable coffee house machines. The face of the machine is offered in stylish, brushed stainless steel; however, you may choose between two colors for its sides: black and silver.
Upon looking at the Gaggia Brera, it certainly seems to be the right choice for the savvy and practical espresso drinker. It is easy to assume that the Gaggia Brera customer also honors a history of quality product. It may actually be safe to say that the Gaggia Brera is the closest you can get to having an Italian coffee house in your own home.
After considering the history of the company and the admiring reviews of customers, I’m thinking that the Gaggia Brera is the right machine to impress your taste buds and discerning guests.
(Looking for a good deal on this machine? Amazon’s discount prices change daily so check out the sale price for this item right now by clicking here.)
On Whole Latte Love, there are 6 reviews on the Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine for an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- The reviews are glowingly positive with most attention given to the ease of use and compact size of the machine.
- Further positive feedback included easy cleaning, quality of the espresso, and a great value regarding the price.
- Another compliment common to the reviews included the fact that the water tank is located in the front of the machine adding to the ease of use for refilling water.
- Other specific comments included that the machine is relatively quiet or at least much quieter than previous Gaggia espresso machine models and that the look of the machine is attractive.
- The only negative feedback provided in this set of reviews was that one customer mentioned not liking the position of the steam wand.
- Customers noted the compact size, reminding potential customers that if you brew a large quantity of coffee at once, the compact size may not be for you.
There are three reviews on Roaste.com with an entertaining 4.5 cups of coffee out of five.
- Again, these reviews were full of accolades about ease of use, a classy look, compact size, and easy maintenance.
- Customers consistently felt that the Gaggia Brera machine was worth the money.
- One commented specifically that it is a better machine than other brands.
- One reviewer even went so far to say that the purchase improved his marriage, as his wife believes him to be a genius for choosing a Gaggia Brera!
Currently, there is one review on Amazon and it gave 4 out of 5 stars to the Gaggia Brera.
This customer in particular praised the Gaggia company and has been a loyal Gaggia customer for years. She was pleased with the product and certainly recommended it to others; however, she cautioned against using espresso blend coffee beans that are considered oily.
It is her opinion that Costco brand espresso blend coffee beans are oily and may have caused problems, plugging up her machine after about 5 months of use. She sent her machine to the store where she bought it from to be fixed, and the workers there only recommended buying a dryer brand of bean. Ever since, their machine is working great, and she remains a faithful Gaggia customer.
The Gaggia Brera was designed intentionally to promote ease of use and maintenance without sacrificing the quality associated with the Gaggia name.
- Airtight UV-proof 8.8 ounce hopper for storing beans
- Ceramic grinder for consistent quality
- Gaggia Adapting System to automatically adjust the rpm of the ceramic grinder for better quality and
- consistency of beans
- Stainless steel Pannarello steam wand
- Rapid Steam Technology
- Bypass doser to allow you to serve just a simple cup of pre-ground coffee
- Mavea Water Filter offers four stages of filtration and improves the overall purification system.
- 1.2-liter water reservoir
- Standby mode begins after one hour
- Notification system to suggest care or maintenance
- Pre-infusion feature for flavor and aroma
- 15-bar pump and a stainless steel boiler to ensure proper temperature
- Telescopic coffee dispenser for adjusting the height to match your cup
- LED display and push-button controls to simplify your brewing process and assist in your beverage selection.
- The optidose function lets you tailor your preferred aroma to your taste (i.e., light, medium, strong). The machine can keep your settings in memory for your future brews.
- Self-rinse cycle that activates when the machine is switched on and off
Two year limited warranty
- Weight: 18.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 10″W x 12.4″H x 17.5″D
- Colors: black or silver
The Gaggia Company
The Gaggia company was founded in 1948 by Achille Gaggia, who created the first machine that offered steam-free coffee with cream or froth. The world was looking for a more tasty coffee in contrast to the bitter and burnt taste people typically associated with coffee at the time.
Thank goodness Achille Gaggia was persistent because we benefit from his invention and commitment to taste to this day! Achille Gaggia can also take credit for creating the first at-home espresso machine in the 1950’s. Even still to this day, all Gaggia machines are made in Milan. Gaggia prides itself on providing the top of the line in espresso machines.
The motto of the company, “Tradizione in Continua Evoluzione,” (Constantly Evolving Tradition) effectively describes a mission toward infusing modern technology with time-honored practices so that the delectable espresso you are looking for is available in your home at the touch of a button.
Where Can I Find It?
The best deals on the Gaggia Brera can be found at either Amazon.com or Roaste.com. Amazon only offers the silver machine. Roaste actually offered a very competitive price for the black Gaggia Brera, but not the silver Gaggia Brera.
For some reason, this machine was slightly more expensive than what was found on Amazon.
At the Whole Latte Love website, there are instructional videos on using the Gaggia Brera machine; however, the pricing on both the black and silver machines is just slightly higher than what is found at Amazon.