If you are looking for a great espresso machine that delivers a sensational coffee with the perfect crema topping in a compact machine that does not take up your entire counter, then congratulations! You have found the absolute perfect espresso machine.
The striking distinction in this fully programmable, super automatic machine is that it is not the size of the Hubble Space Telescope. First time buyers may doubt its ability to produce a quality espresso or latte, but they will be sold after the first shot. Its skinny waistline is just nine inches!
The ability to squeeze this amazing espresso machine into a tight space on your counter is only one of the features you will love about this machine. It does everything from grinding to steaming to frothing in one place so you do not need separate appliances for these functions–an awesome option for a shoebox size apartment or condo.
The space saving detail alone is a winner, but how does it look you may ask? It’s gorgeously designed with platinum metallic and chrome accents on the front and top. The sides are black, “ristretto black” to be exact, very sleek and modish. The “ristretto” reference in the color refers to a barista technique that provides a short shot by pulling a hand press faster than usual for a shorter brew.
Once the machine goes into standby mode, it does not draw any energy at all from the electrical source. This is great news for your electric bill, and certainly important if you’re sensitive about your carbon footprint.
Once you find the settings that make your favorite cup of coffee, it will make that same perfect coffee every time at the touch of a button. The great thing about it is that you can switch the dial to temporarily override the setting for a special cup made differently, and you do not have to reprogram your perfect setting.
The Low Down…
- The easy to read digital display tells you everything you need to know.
- The easy-to-decipher-even-for-a-newbie display uses the traffic light color-coded system. When you see red you know something needs your attention. When it is green, it’s good to go. Yellow means you are in the process of setting the programming features.
- It will alert you when the water or beans needs filled, when to empty the used coffee, when to use the descaling tablets (not all that often with the awesome water filtration built in!), when to change the water filter, when to switch loads of laundry…okay, maybe it’s not that good, but almost!
- It is a no-brainer for the forgetful or the scatterbrained because it tells you what it needs when it needs it, eliminating the need to set dozens of reminders on your Blackberry.
- …And Dirty (any Foreigner fans out there?)
- It boasts a five-stage conical burr bean grinder; however, if you want to make a cup with pre-ground coffee beans, you can use the bypass funnel.
- The double spout can be adjusted for most cup sizes, so if you have a late night/early morning situation, put two large mugs under the spouts, and you might make it to lunch time.
- The ENA4 has a stainless steel lined ThermoBlock heating system that heats quickly for fast brewing. As a matter of fact, it will grind, tamp and brew in about a minute, then it self cleans in less than a minute! You will want to be sure to put a spare cup under the spout after you get your cup of coffee to catch the drainage from cleaning.
What Others Are Saying
- It’s a love fest out there for this machine. Not only did it usually make the perfect strength of coffee for most users, the few that experienced issues loved the customer service. So you really cannot go wrong. You will probably love it. Should you decide that it was only infatuation and not love and you want to return it, apparently the company is very gracious and anxious to please.
- The only con that seems to be a common theme among users and reviewers is that the frother wand was inadequate and sometimes fell off during operation, which could pose as a hazard with hot steaming milk. There was mention of the small water tank, but again, compact design people!
- One user dealt with the frother issue head on by contacting Jura, who immediately sent her a new frother wand. The customer service representative advised her to be sure to keep it in froth mode and also to rinse the milk out of the wand each time. She never had another problem with it again.
Is There A Warranty?
Jura does provide an unrivaled two-year warranty, and will provide shipping both ways if there is a problem. No other espresso manufacturer has this level of service. They have extended customer service hours that includes Saturday, so someone is almost always there to answer a “pressing” question (pun intended).
The Jura Company
Jura is a Swiss company that has been designing and manufacturing high-end appliances since 1931. The main office is in Niederbuchsiten, Switzerland next to the Jura Mountains, which is how the founder, Leo Henzirohs, derived its name. Its tagline is “If you love coffee.”
Perusing Jura’s website is a pleasure. It is easy to navigate and is logically organized. Users can expect to find what they need in a few clicks.
ENA4 Technical Specs
- The power output is 1450 Watts.
- Pressure is controlled with a vibrating pump. The performance pressure is between 7 and 9 bar, and maximum pressure is 18 bar.
- It weighs about 20 pounds and the dimensions are 17”x9”x14”.
- The water tank holds 37 ounces and is removable. Some users may find that a bit on the small side, but remember you are probably going to pick this over other models because of its compact size. You can’t expect a compact espresso machine to have enough room for a tubful of water.
- The ENA4 has a Clearyl water filter that keeps the machine clean and running smooth and to calcium buildup to a minimum. This also ensures that the integrity of the taste of the coffee remains untainted.
The Last Word
Espresso lovers cannot go wrong with this product. Figure how to correctly use the frother wand, and you will have no complaints, just the perfect cup of espresso every time you use it.
Where Can I Get It?
Check out Amazon for a discount and free shipping.