The decision to buy a coffee maker that is going to brew you that perfect cup day in, day out is not one to be taken lightly.
In this article we’ll look at Cuisinart DGB-900BC coffee maker and review it’s features and benefits. We’ll also see what other people are saying about this coffee machine.
You’re probably here because you’ve already heard of the Cuisinart DGB-900BC and maybe read something about it from the manufacturer. So let’s have a look at the key features of this reasonably priced (around $150 at Amazon) coffee maker.
Key Features & Benefits of the Cuisinart DGB-900BC coffee maker
- You can make up to 12 cups of coffee with one brew
- You can program the machine to brew and grind up to 24 hours in advance which means you can set it in the evening to have hot coffee ready for when you wake up
- Built in bean grinder which grinds just before brewing meaning you have freshly ground coffee every time
- A strength selector which means you can choose between strong, medium or mild coffee
- Automatic shut off which means you can leave it to switch off itself once it’s done
- An insulated thermal carafe comes with it which will keep the coffee warm and fresh for a long time
So What’s So Special About This Machine?
This machine is fully automatic and the burr grinder feature means you should have great tasting fresh coffee every time. The controls are reported to be easy to use and the strength of coffee can be selected before brewing. So you might want a strong coffee in the morning and a milder one in the afternoon. All from the same machine.
The thermal carafe will keep the coffee warm and fresh for hours. Although this isn’t unique to this machine, it is nice to have the carafe included which you often don’t get with other coffee makers.
Here’s an in depth video review of the Cuisinart DGB-900BC:
- Flavorsome, full bodied coffee
- Great temperature of coffee – hot
- Nice looking design – brushed chrome
- Easy to clean and easy to program
- Reassuring 3 year warranty
- The coarser coffee tends to stay on top which could lead to a waste of coffee in the long run
- Water indicator is on the right at the back so you have to position it well to see it
- Carafe has a tendecy not to pour very well
- The grind of the coffee can appear to be too coarse for some people
Let’s See What Other People Are Saying About This Machine
“It makes excellent HOT coffee and looks great too. It’s easy to us on an everyday basis.I’m not sure if the slightly coarse grind actually makes a difference to the amount of coffee I use . I highly recommend this machine for convenient, freshly ground hot coffee every day. ”
Kevin W. (rewritten for uniqueness. Read the full review here)
“I love it. It keeps the coffee fresh and warm for a good number of hours. Having used it a few times I figured out the perfect settings for my taste. I even bought two more of them for my kids!”
voyager (rewritten for uniqueness. Read the full review here)
To summarize, this is a well priced coffee maker and reviews around the web have been overall positive. Cuisinart is a much trusted and admired name in the world of kitchen appliances so if you’re in the market for a coffee maker you should definitely check it out.